Geek Social
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokefags

Go down 
+3
Marshall
Justin
Xander
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 10:41 am

Try doing the Battle Tower (or whatever the plain, "vanilla" battle place is) with another person in a double battle. Seven Matches, two pokemon each, 8 BP for your first victory. Ridiculous, and I will be farming that with a college buddy 'till the cows come home.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

Number of posts : 2830
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 10:45 am

so ryan have you selected a type for our type faggotry yet?

atm i have grass and xander has dragons

to my knowledge randy and marshall are still up in the air, and i dont know if xander will let logan participate
Back to top Go down
https://geeksocial.rpg-board.net
Xander
The Linux Kernal
The Linux Kernal
Xander

Number of posts : 1410
Level of Amanda-ness : 2
Level of Faggotry : 918
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 11:15 am

Several problems arise with double battle tower dealings. After your first 7-win you just go back to getting 3 BP per 7-win with the typical bonuses. Also the bread sets the text speed to mandatory slow and battle scenes mandatory on. Which is the biggest detriment to being a good farm. Me and Justin did this for a while in his basement, it's definitely a good way to get battle points if you've got a friend with a dragonite to carry you through it (cough cough) and the patience to sit through the text and battle scenes.

But in Battle Hall, you get increasing rewards as you increase your winning streak (remember to talk to the girl next to the monitor) and typical bonuses, and each match is only one pokemon, making it super quick as you can one shot everything. Prolly the easiest as long as you have a strong and fast sweeper with good type coverage.

Justin, are we ACTUALLY doing the type thing? And if so, what are the parameters? Remember before the rules were:

1. Three pokemon, all must share one type.
2. All must be at level 70.
3. One LEGIT legendary allowed per team.

Are we still going with those? To be honest, I doubt anyone has the patience to deal with this. That was the problem before, myself and Logan were the only ones who actually had the patience to do it without cheating, and even Logan fizzled out, I was the only one who finished a legit team. It sounds fun, but at the same time, I just don't see this happening, and even if it did, what would be the purpose of the pokemon afterwards? You can't effectively do Battle Tower with a one type team, trust me I know.

Personally I would like to see people make Battle Tower teams out of their favorite pokemon, and then we can just have at it with those.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 01:36 pm

well

i never heard of the 3 pokemon thing, so i planned on 6 pokemon

also we can just force all the battles to take place at 100 (if leveling is an issue) so just get your pokemans to the level you need to get all the moves they need at

um

we can still do the legendary thing as well, though atm i dont think the people whom have decided are going to use one, so go ahead but note if you pick a legendary your a dick :P

so recap for this faggotry

1. 6 pokemans (no level required we will force to 100)
2. Must have a solid type
3. 1 legendary per team
4. items and berries allowed
5. uh, mmmm yeah...

sound fine? ( i would like to avoid the 3 pokemon battle tower thing... cause people will most likley all pick very similar pokemans... though i am not against doing it)

atm i plan on doing both of these, however i am focusing on the type thing for now and doing battle tower teams later
Back to top Go down
https://geeksocial.rpg-board.net
Xander
The Linux Kernal
The Linux Kernal
Xander

Number of posts : 1410
Level of Amanda-ness : 2
Level of Faggotry : 918
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 05:27 pm

Yeah, I'm just not seeing this happen, if we couldn't people to get together three pokemon, you're not gonna be able to get people to get six together.

And if you're meaning single type by your mention of "solid type" then that just can't happen.

The most that would come out of this is some friendly battles, because I sincerely doubt anyone other than me, you, maybe Ryan, would bother with IV's or EV's.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

Pokefags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokefags   Pokefags - Page 2 Empty27/04/10, 05:29 pm

either way im doing both

a 3 way battle of elements is fine

but i will make 6

i will also make a battle tower team

whether people want to do this or not im going to breed them

but seeing as only you have responded i will post this to see if i cna get more posters with thier thoughts