Geek Social
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ITT: Amanda geeking out.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

Number of posts : 2342
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 725
Registration date : 2008-03-05

ITT: Amanda geeking out. Empty
PostSubject: ITT: Amanda geeking out.   ITT: Amanda geeking out. Empty16/06/10, 02:03 pm

I learn a lot of freaking interesting stuff in my Human Origins class, and I need a place to geek out about it. So here we have it.

We were watching this movie about sex today (because thats pretty much what this class is about), and in it they were at one point talking about this experiment where they had men sleep in the same t-shirt for a few nights in a row so that the shirt would smell like them, and then had different females choose which man they were most attracted to based solely on the smell of the shirts.

And every time, without fail, the women would pick the male who's immunities differ from hers the most - therefor making him genetically the best mate for said female.

Interesting stuff. So boys, don't go wearing cologne if you want to insure you have genetically fit children. haha.
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Amanda geeking out.   ITT: Amanda geeking out. Empty16/06/10, 02:07 pm

Oh, and at another point in this video they were talking about a species of lizard in Texas that is comprised of only females. They reproduce asexually, therefore passing on 100% of their genetic material to their offspring.

There is speculation though that there is still sexual activity involved in the egg-laying process, that involves one female mounting another female.

At this point two boys in my class turned to each other and brofisted. It made me giggle.
Back to top Go down
ximo
ximo

Number of posts : 28
Level of Amanda-ness : 1
Level of Faggotry : 30
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Amanda geeking out.   ITT: Amanda geeking out. Empty16/06/10, 04:57 pm

ITT: Amanda geeking out. 47822 that is fricken hilarious.. and... i want to take THAT class lmfao!
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: ITT: Amanda geeking out.   ITT: Amanda geeking out. Empty17/06/10, 11:59 pm